Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Get Off the Stage!

Tea: Blood Orange

Music: The Alarm, "Rain in the Summertime"

Time: Evening.

Were it not for the humidity, I'd swear the calendar had skipped ahead to September. It's cloudy, with the occasional drop -- and mercury in the 80s. More of the same is in the forecast for tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong. Summer has its place. It's perfect for sitting outside and watching fireflies, for example, and there's no better season for ... um ... wait, it'll come to me.

Sorry, folks. I like fall, and I can't wait for it. As far as I'm concerned, summer is like a mediocre opening act that overstays its welcome on the stage, playing encore after encore.

The hardest part is, the heat's supposed to come back later in the week -- and after this break, it's going to feel even worse.

Ah, well ... fall is coming.

Just not soon enough.

No comments: